Unlike a lot of services, we have made unsubscribing from our service quick and easy.
Yes – you have many options: –
- Unsubscribe your current subscription – choose “unsubscribe” using the link at the bottom of the email
- Subscribe to Iamlet using your preferred email address via the “Subscribe” page found via the menu options on the Iamlet website
Yes - we have followed the guidance concerning GDPR. For more information relating to how we handle your data in line with GDPR, you can read more about our processes within the Iamlet Privacy Notice. If you want to learn more about GDPR, visit https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/in-your-sector/marketing/the-rules-around-business-to-business-marketing-the-gdpr-and-pecr/.
Now let’s look at some of the fundamental principles around how we comply with those guidelines…
- Legitimate interests for marketing – the first principle relates to ensuring that any marketing is relevant and would likely be of interest to the recipient. At Iamlet, our newsletter is only sent to recipients that have subscribed to our service. Not only subscribe, however, we also follow a double-opt-in approach, which means that an email is sent to your email address and requires you to confirm acceptance before the newsletter will be sent. Our newsletter focuses on Iamlet related products and services, news, upcoming events and newly released articles and news items
- Processing of data – the second principle relates to the processing of data. In this principle, we ensure we hold the bare minimum amount of information required to communicate to you; we only store your First Name. Surname, Email Address and Preferred format. Once subscribed, you will be able to change any of these options easily view the Iamlet website
- Explicit Unsubscribing – there is an unsubscribe option found at the bottom of every email and on our website; our one-click approach means by clicking on the button will force immediate removal of your email address
- Confirmation of Subscription – to continue receiving emails, you will be required to click on the link found within the email or by visiting our website and subscribe to receive future emails
- Storing of data – the third principle relates to how long an organisation holds the data. We will retain the information for no more than 365 days before emailing again asking for consent
In many countries, it is a legal requirement to obtain consent concerning the processing and storing of information with regards to subscription. We believe that is not only a legal obligation but also an ethical one to ask our subscribers for their consent when using our service.
By providing your consent means that you are saying that you trust us to provide only relevant affiliate related offers and promotions that will directly benefit you.
No never – you will only receive emails from Iamlet. We use a number of email accounts and SMTP services to load balance the email distribution process.
No – we never share your information with third-parties. We may provide aggregated statics related information to the partner programmes, such as the number of emails sent by country, by sector etc.; however, this information will not contain your name or email address
We are sorry if you are unhappy with our service and approach, if you wish to contact us to make a complaint, you can visit the Iamlet website and select the “Contact Us” option from the menu, or you can email us at email@example.com, where we will be happy to look into and hopefully resolve any problems.
Typically, we send out our newsletter fortnightly, however if there are important events going on we may email you more frequency.